Wednesday, March 4, 2009

He's Here!

Our little family is so excited to announce the birth of our new addition! Emmett Wayne Maughan was born last night. March 3rd @ 9:56 pm! He is 6 lbs. 7 oz and 18 inches long. He has lots of blonde hair and dark eyes. Such a beautiful little boy!I know he is crying in this picture but, he is the best baby. He has hardly cried at all. Maybe 5 min. tops. He is just so bright eyed and taking in his new surroundings! He has some big hands ... you can see them in this next picture!


Epidurrals are amazing! It took a while to get my IV in. They had to stick me 5 times, it wasn't very fun so I really wanted no pain and that is what I got! It was a painless delivery! I loved every minute of it. It was so nice not to have to concentrate on breathing and pain relief. We just laughed and talked the whole way!
It was so fun because we had the same room that I delivered Porter in. it was nice to have surroundings that were familiar.
Matt, my mom and Anne were there with me. Lori is one of best friends and the midwife... she delivered Emmett. It really was a party! Lori thanks so much!
Here are some pre-hospital belly shots from the morning. I was scheduled to come in the moring but, they needed to move some ladies out of delivery so they had me call at 10. I called and it was the same story so they told me to call at 12. So I called at 12 and it was the same story and so they told me to call at 2! Luckily they called us at 2 and told me to come in! Mom and I had gone to Target to go shopping because it was so boring to wait. I love target it really made the time pass by fast!
We will keep you updated! We will get to go home on Thursday night or Friday morning. The boys get to come in this afternoon to see him. I'm so excited and I'll make sure to take pictures so that you can see the boys with him. I'm sure it will be so much fun! We love you all and wish you a happy day!

18 comments:

Kate said...

Yea! Congrats! I can't wait to meet him! Looks like you had a great delivery! Are you wearing lipstick? Wow! And I love the name! Good choice Matt! Give little Emmett a hug and kiss from his Aunt Katelin!

Aubrey Dokos said...

YEAH!! I'm so excited right now I can't stand it! First of all, I LOVE the name Emmett! Secondly, you look amazing (but what's new?), third, he is PERFECT! I think he looks so much like Porter in the picture with his hands! Anyway, enough from me! I can't wait to meet the little guy!

Monica said...

I am so happy for you! He really is beautiful! I showed Eliza the pictures and she squeeled "I can't wait to go and see Timmy's baby!" We are all excited for you and can't wait to meet him.

Kim said...

I agree with Aubrey, he looks like Porter to me...and you look beautiful!! Congratulations!!

Lori said...

I can't believe you've updated your blog already! You are supposed to be recovering! The pictures are all great! He's sooo cute! And I swear you don't take a bad picture! Nobody looks that good after giving birth. It was such a nice delivery and you did such a good job. It was a privilege to be there.

Ashley said...

I cannot believe he was that tiny! How was he seriously that small? Isn't that backwards? I could only hope that was my luck! lol! He is adorable and I am so glad things went so well for you, aren't epideruals the greatest thing ever! I was anxiously awaiting a call from your mom but I never heard anything I am glad that I got to see pictures on your blog so soon though. And you guys are so funny that you went with Emmett! I love that name. So no hank or marshal? haha!!! It fits him perfectly! Did you finish your nursery on time? And second how can you still look that good after delivery? You didn't look like you broke a sweat or anything. Even with an epidural I still looked horrible!

Natalie said...

Hip Hip Hooray!!! Yeah, Congratulations Julie I'm so excited for you that it all went well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah! You look gorgeous after labor. Cute little emmett

Shelly said...

Congratulations!! I'm glad they finally got the epidural to work. He's adorable! Suddenly my babies look huge.

Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!!

Emily White said...

holy cow - your hair looked fabulous for just having givin birth....any styling tips for whenever i convince myself to go for round to? j/k

Nygards said...

Yeah! Congrats! Love the name. So cute. I can't wait to see pictures with the boys. Good luck!

Heather S said...

I am so happy for you and new Emmett. He is beautiful...and what a great name. Well done!

I am also glad that you had such a fun time delivering him. With those ladies(Matt too, of course) it would have to be a fun time.

My love to all of you.

Amanda said...

He's beautiful guys! Congrats, we're really so happy for your adorable little family!

{amy k.} said...

Congratulations! He looks so sweet! How fun for you and your family- you look beautiful!

Jeanne said...

Congratulations on your latest addition to the Maughan Family. What a cutie!! Glad all is well with you and your family.

Anne said...

You are so photo(however you spell it)!! Cute preg belly, easy delivery, no cone-headed baby, recovering quickly, all the time looking like a super model......did you have to hog all the great genes? Wait, I came first...mmm...isn't it nice that I sacrificed and let you have the good genes! :)

Shaun - Jillian said...

Hey Jules - Congrats on the handsome little guy! He is so cute and I cannot believe that you have three little men! They are all so cute and getting so big! I am glad you finally got to experience the epidural. That is definitely going to be my choice! I was actually in Chicago about a month ago but I was traveling with someone else and flew in one day and then out the next so unfortunately there was no time for visiting. I will let you know the next time I am out there and can meet you. I would love to meet your new little guy. Congrats again - he is darling.

Kent, Krista and Family said...

YAY for BABIES....and YAY for BOYS!!

Congrats Juls....Hope everything is going well!

Cassia said...

Oh jewels! That is so exciting! 3 boys! Man are your hand going to be full!! Hahaha if anyone can do it, it's you!! So beautiful!