Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Field Trips

It has been a really great week and a very sad week at the same time. I was able to do 3 field trips with the boys. Then we took a family trip to St. Louis for the end of the week. It was a blast I took 120 pictures downloaded them on the computer, cleared them off my camera and then they weren't on my computer. So they are lost but, I was able to scrounge up a few from friends blogs! So I can tell you about the fun that we have had! On Tuesday we went to the Children's Discovery Museum in Normal, IL (It's about 45 min away) with some of our friends it was so much fun. The kids were able to play dress-up and play with doctor tools! Timmy thought his uncle Tim would like this pic of him looking very doctor like!

There was a painting wall wich was very fun. This is Tim's friend Zack and his friend Eliza! They had a lot of fun painting. Timmy even thought the paint tasted good!
This is for Uncle Noah! Timmy has some pretty good skills! You better watch out next time we come to visit!
On Wednesday we went to 2 things. In the morning we went to the forest preserve on a stroller strut. We talked about the senses in the garden and picked flowers, learned about colors and played with a parachute! It was a blast and Porter loved the parachute he crawled under it while we were waving it up and down. It was such a fun activity! Timmy even got to plant a seed. I hope it grows! We left the stroller strut and went to Touch a Truck. The park system puts this on and they had mail trucks, semi's, motorcycles, tractors, tow trucks, a fire engine and eve a police truck with a robot. It was really cool. Coldstone was giving free ice cream! And the pepsi truck was giving a taste of their drinks! This was my favorite truck!
The Raminator! It was huge and so much fun to stand next to!

We finished our fun week by leaving on Friday morning to St. Louis! We went to the Chaokia Mounds (Thanks to Nat for directing us there!) and to the temple and on the way home we ended up at Cabela's! Matt's favorite store in the whole world! So we ended up getting a lot of cool stuff!

This week has been a lot of fun too! We had a really fun Memorial Day picnic with our ward on Monday and then yesterday a movie party with Tim's friend Zack although 2 year olds don't watch movies to well! Then we might end up in Utah the end of this week for 10 days! So for all of you Utahns it's been a year since I have been there and longer since I've seen some of you so let's have some fun and get together!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

cool pics, but sad about all your pics. So Utah huh?! I won't get my hopes up until you actually get in the car or plane or whatever you're coming in. But YEAH! I hope you come.

{amy k.} said...

Julie! Oh my goodness... I haven't seen you forever- the last time I saw you you were pregnant with your 1st I think! I have no idea how I found your blog but I'm so happy I did. Your boys are adorable.. and so big! I'm excited to be able to keep in touch! Where are you guys living?

-Amy (pasqua) Martinez

Ashley said...

Noah says he may just have to test those chess skills!!!

Julz I am so sorry about your pictures that is so frustrating!!!

Shaun - Jillian said...

It looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun! And now that you are in Utah I am sure you are doing a lot more fun things too! I hope to see you soon!

Nygards said...

That is so cool that you guys get to go on cool trips. Tim is so cute! How are you guys? Hope all is great!