Monday, June 23, 2008

Timmy's Sliver

Yesterday was a pretty traumatizing day! Timmy got his first sliver in his foot. It was a pretty good size one too! He would only walk on the heel of his foot crying saying "Mommy hurt" and then he would go over to Matt and say "Daddy hurt". So Matt thought since I always take his slivers out that I would be the best one for the job. Well, everytime I touched it Timmy would get these huge alligator tears and scream "hurt" at the top of his lungs. So amongst the fighting I thought I would never get it out. So I went to get some help from my mom. She gave me a needle and told us that we needed to hold me down and just do it. So Matt held his arms and put his legs between his knees and I was able to hold the foot still while I pulled out the sliver. It was a very intense and tireing 2 minutes. We successfully got it out and showed him his sliver and he was so proud he had his "hurt" on his finger! He was showing it to all of us. It was pretty cute!




This is a video of our trip my mom and I took to New Mexico to visit my Grandma. In New Mexico there is this place called White Sands it's so amazing. We went there for a day trip because it's one of my favorite places to visit. I was able to get this video of Timmy playing in the sand with his feet. He is saying, "Where is it?" "There it is!"

1 comment:

Kate said...

Sounds very traumatic! Glad you got it out! I'm sad that the video isn't working. Fix it! :)