Monday, August 18, 2008

The last of Summer

With school starting back up on Monday I thought that I should update you on the fun that we have had so far into August. I can't believe that it is almost over. It's been a lot of celebrating birthdays and hanging out with family and friends. Matt has been gone a little bit of each week to do some sampling for research, so the boys and I have had some quality time together! I also have probably read the most in the last 2 weeks than I have in my whole life. I've been trying to finish the Twilight series! It's good so far I'm finally to the last book!

This is my pancake bar breakfast for my birthday! It was amazing I loved it!

This is Porter practicing for his birthday in October. He did a really good job!

Boy does he love cake!

Matt's sampling! Those are baby plants just planted this year.

My birthday party! My mom made the most amzing boston cream pie!

Timmy and Zack sure loved it the next day. They both had a spoon and dug in!

It's been a really nice summer! We have had a lot of fun but, we are so looking forward to the fun holidays to spend time with family we haven't seen for awhile!

5 comments:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

Happy Birthday Julie! I love birthdays, its nice to have a day thats all about you once in a while :) You'll have to let me know what you think of the last Twilight book.

Ashley said...

You guys look like you had a good birthday there!! I hope you still get some more summer activities in before schools start. Our doesn't start here until like Sept 5th. That is SO late! But kind of fun for all the kids. Hey when you come up would you mind if I did a photo shoot on that Sat. Morn? Someone wanted to reschedule to that day and I said sure but let me check with my sister in law to see what she has planned for the trip. It of course takes precedence over the shoot! ;)

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

Looks like fun. Happy b-lated birthday

Stacia said...

Happy belated birthday! I'm really jealous of the breakfast. You look great and tell your mom that she does too!

Shaun - Jillian said...

Happy late Birthday Jules. I am a terrible friend for not remembering to call you! It looks like you had a great day though! I love your family pictures too. I think they turned out awesome. I hope to see you again next time I am in Chicago. I will let you know when I will be out there again!