Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Valentine's Was So Last Week




Okay so I'm really late on the whole Valentine thing! But, it was wonderful so Iwant to share it with you. Oh yeah, I will share the Merry story at the end!

Our little family tradition is that they boys in the family get the girls flowers and the girls in my case girl makes the boys candy grahams! It is really fun and Matt surprised me with some beautiful red roses! Then I made my Valentines their candy grahams! It was great!!


These are my roses!
Tim with his candy graham!
After we gave our valentines we set up a candle light dinner in front of the TV and watched No Reservations! It was really fun!

This is the dinner!

Sorry no pictures of Porter in his cute heartbreaker pj's! He was in bed. Timmy on the other hand wanted to watch the movie with us. I think he lasted for about 20 minutes and then was taken to bed! It definatley was a Valentines to remember.

That is not all to remember it by! I had the assignment of putting something special together for my mom. So I spent most of Wednesday running around town picking out the perfect things for her. In Champaign there is this awesome chocolate cafe and the have amazing chocolates! Each one is just so beautiful. They have a fudge sundae, cinnamon roll and all sorts of truffles but, their beautiful. They are like art! So I picked the ones I wanted and then they wrapped it up really pretty in red paper and a bow! I grabbed some pretty foil covered hearts too because I thought that would add just the right touch. I didn't want her to see them so I took them down stairs and put them behind our couch pillow. So as the day went on and turned to night I had to go to the grocery store to pick up some milk and groceries along wiht some extra things for the special present. I came home and with my arms full and noticed there was a scratching noise coming from the basement door. I felt panic coming, I let Merry out and ran downstairs in a panic lifted up the pillow and the choclates are gone. I look up and in the famly room was the bag that once had the foil hearts in it. No trace of red foil hearts but, where is the box with the specialty chocolates? I ran around the basement I saw red wrapping paper with teeth marks in it and a red bow that had been torn off but, no box. So I went into Tim's room and at the foot of his bed was the box and about 3 of the paper wrappers that chocolates come in. They were GONE! All of them nothing left. I wanted to cry! Still do as I'm writing this! I felt like I wanted to kill her if she didn't kill herself by eating all that chocolate! I was having feelings like I hate dogs! But, now I'm over it. Somewhat! She luckily threw everything up on Porter's toy and then in her kennel and had diaherrea all night. It was nasty but saved her life. Merry since has pooped twice in the basement and once Matt stepped in it in the middle of the night! So she is a bad bad dog! What did I do to deserve this royal treatment! Don't dogs now that they are suppose to be good nice loving pets that don't eat chocolate! Anyway, she has come a long way and has resumed her role as a pet. Currently Merry is died yellow from food coloring, Thanks to Tim! She puts up with a lot from him. I'm glad she is patient with him! She's just has it in for me I guess! So that is Merry. Her picture is to the left!

3 comments:

Our Family said...

Jules; it's so fun to see that you have a blog! ours is theharmonfam.blogspot.com. We love the blogging world!! This is random, but I was looking through your blog and saw that you have a nephew Camden. I was so pleased to see that. Adam is DETERMINED that we will have a little girl named Camden...and I think it's a boys name. We argued about it our whole pregnancy. I just thought it was funny. We will probably end up with a little girl Camden someday; he did let me have my Faith. That is going to take so serious pride dropping for me...

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

Julie, I am so sorry that Merry Moon ate the Chocolate. As you were describing the chocolates, I was imagining how beautiful they were. That is the one reason that I only tolerate dogs. My kids can't believe that I say that! Oh well! Thanks again for doing all the running! You are awesome.
Love,
Megan

Shaun - Jillian said...

Jules -

I am so glad that you signed me in to your blog because I didn't even know that you had one! It looks like you have your hands full!! I will be in Chicago in June for four days. I will give you a call and we should meet up and do dinner or something. I am so glad to be able to see what you guys are up to!

Jillian